Equibase Free Daily Expert Selections | Free Picks | Free Daily Thoroughbred Racing Selections
Saratoga Race 7 for Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Saratoga - Race #7 - Post: 3:38pm - Starter Allowance -
8.0 furlongs on the Turf. Purse: $55,000 Class Rating: 90
#8 WINE BURGLAR (ML=4/1)
#4 EAR D' RHYTHM (ML=7/2)
#7 SUNDAE SCHOOL (ML=3/1)
- When this rider and trainer combine forces you have to take a look. Castellano and Brown have been fantastic together. Last ran at Belmont and finished fifth. Reviewing her past performance lines, I see she was close at the wire, within 5 of the winner. 57-87-90 are last three speed ratings. Improving each time out is something she should do again right here in this race.
EAR D' RHYTHM
- If you review the PP's for this thoroughbred, you'll see she has recorded the top Equibase speed figure at the distance and surface. A repeat effort in this event and this horse has a superb chance to win. Strong average class rating on this horse. Should have the ability to run well on the turf.
- Have to watch for this animal on the turf. Last race at Belmont, scored a big turf figure. Have to think she can do it again in this event. This filly is in first-rate condition right now. Ran second in the last race and comes back rapidly. A repeat of that latest race on July 11th where she notched a fig of 92 looks lofty enough to triumph in this event. Vulnerable Contenders:
#6 LONELY TEARDROPS (ML=5/1),
#3 BENNY'S BULLET (ML=5/1),
- A pony that breaks her maiden in a Maiden Claimer is usually recognized as a poor risk next out.
- This mount ran a common speed fig last out. She shouldn't run much better and will probably suffer defeat today running that number.
GUEST COMMENTARY: Hal - WINE BURGLAR
- This filly figures to be the bet versus these horses today, after notching a solid final fraction in her last race.
#8 WINE BURGLAR to win at post-time odds of 9/2 or better
Box [4,7,8] Total Cost: $6