Equibase Free Daily Expert Selections | Free Picks | Free Daily Thoroughbred Racing Selections
Louisiana Downs Race 7 for Wednesday, May 25, 2016
Louisiana Downs - Race #7 - Post: 5:57pm - Maiden Claiming -
7.5 furlongs on the Turf. Purse: $7,000 Class Rating: 62
#1 LASS CHANNEL (ML=5/2)
- This trainer brings horses to the grass conditioned properly and ready to go, winning over 20 percent of the time under similar conditions. I expect a lot from this thoroughbred. His Equibase speed figs under similar conditions are tops in this bunch. Last time around the track was at Louisiana Downs in a race with an Equibase class figure of 71. Dropping significantly in class figure this time out puts him in a solid position right here. This gelding has a lot of ability on the turf. Could be long gone by the time they turn for home and hit the stretch. A definite class advantage goes to this horse. Pretty good indication he will be very competitive in this turf race. Vulnerable Contenders:
#10 ESPLANADE AMBITION (ML=3/1),
#2 MENEWA (ML=7/2),
#9 PRIMARILY GOLD (ML=8/1),
- Doesn't seem inspiring to me after the lack of any sort of closing response on December 5th. Don't think this mount will do much running in today's event. That last speed rating was disappointing when compared with today's Equibase class figure.
- If he goes off anywhere close to the morning line of 7/2, I'll have to pass.
- This gelding hasn't had any recent accomplishments in sprint affairs. I find it hard to wager on him in this contest.
GUEST COMMENTARY: Hal - LASS CHANNEL
- Having the best speed fig last race of 62 at Louisiana Downs on May 11th. This gelding has an excellent chance to win here.
Go with #1 LASS CHANNEL on top if we're getting at least 1/1 odds