Equibase Free Daily Expert Selections | Free Picks | Free Daily Thoroughbred Racing Selections
Oaklawn Park Race 3 for Sunday, January 22, 2017
Oaklawn Park - Race #3 - Post: 2:25pm - Claiming -
8.0 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $26,500 Class Rating: 84
#7 POR FAVOR (ML=6/1)
#1 OL SANISH (ML=2/1)
#6 MOCHA CHIP (ML=15/1)
- Puhl drops her down to this class level. You don't need too much more data to think this horse should have a chance to win at this level.
- This mare's last speed rating is high enough to win here, I'll wager on her right back in today's event. Villafranco brings her right back. I recommend you stay with this hot mare. This mare is clearly on the improve with speed figs of 40, 57, 84 last 3 out.
- A win pct like 50 is outstanding for any jockey/trainer twosome. Vulnerable Contenders:
#3 FACETS OF ICE (ML=3/1),
#4 FREEDOM MARCH (GB) (ML=3/1),
#2 TIZ A LADY NOW (ML=8/1),
FACETS OF ICE
- 3/1 odds isn't enough for this entrant when looking at the most recent outings. Don't believe this runner will make a winning move in today's event. That last fig was common when compared with today's class rating.
FREEDOM MARCH (GB)
- Tough for this closer horse to get up today. Without a hot pace to stir things up, the lone front speed is going to make it awfully hard to get the job done. Garnered a quite unimpressive speed figure last time around the track in a Maiden Special race on October 30th. Not probable to see an improved performance off of that figure.
TIZ A LADY NOW
- This mare is always in the money, but just doesn't get the job done. Hard to bet on her on the front end.
Put your money on #7 POR FAVOR on the nose if you can get odds of 3/1 or more
7 with [1,6]
Box [1,6,7] Total Cost: $6