Equibase Free Daily Expert Selections | Free Picks | Free Daily Thoroughbred Racing Selections
Aqueduct Race 7 for Saturday, December 27, 2014
Aqueduct - Race #7 - Post: 3:14pm - Maiden Special -
6.0 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $55,000 Class Rating: 73
#5 ZIPPITY ZOOM (ML=8/1)
#10 JILLY MAC (ML=7/2)
#2 STONELY HEART (ML=3/1)
- The last time I saw this horse was at Aqueduct in a race with a class figure of 86. Dropping drastically in class figure today puts her in a solid position right here.
- This filly ran well in her last race but just couldn't haul in the winner. Note that she was well in front of the show horse, and looks like a major contender in this field. Filly had the second fastest workout of the day prepping for this. I'll forgive that last effort on Oct 16th when she didn't win as the favorite. That race was pretty good for a $40,000 Maiden Claiming race and this filly's fig was solid. A repeat of that most recent race on October 16th where she earned a speed rating of 78 looks good enough to triumph in this affair.
- I think the shorter trip will help this filly stay the distance. A horse coming back this promptly after a solid effort is a good signal. Levine is hoping to get a little more out of this filly by adding blinkers today. Racing at a similar level as last race on November 28th at Aqueduct. I think Levine has found a good spot for her, and I like her chances right here in this race. Vulnerable Contenders:
#8 BOSSY BOOTS (ML=5/2),
- When checking today's class rating, she will have to register a better speed rating than last time around the track to vie in this dirt sprint.
GUEST COMMENTARY: Winston - ZIPPITY ZOOM
- I always scan for the horse that is tops in earnings per start. If she meets my specifications I make a wager.
#5 ZIPPITY ZOOM is going to be the play if we are getting 7/2 or better
Box [5,10] Box [2,5]
Box [2,5,10] Total Cost: $6