Equibase Free Daily Expert Selections | Free Picks | Free Daily Thoroughbred Racing Selections
Del Mar Race 1 for Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Del Mar - Race #1 - Post: 2:05pm - Claiming -
6.0 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $33,000 Class Rating: 82
#1 WHEN I'M CALLING U (ML=3/1)
WHEN I'M CALLING U
- The jockey/trainer duo of Desormeaux and Hess has a strong return on investment together. If the front runners get weary, this filly will kick into high gear. This filly is probably the best late runner in the field. The addition of blinkers should keep her mind on business today. Vulnerable Contenders:
#6 SPECKLES (ML=5/2),
#5 LUST FOR LIFE (ML=7/2),
#2 WHODOO PIRATE (ML=4/1),
- Won't be easy for this horse to beat this bunch off of that last speed rating. Doubtful to improve enough to run a figure close to today's class rating, so put her on the questionable challengers list.
LUST FOR LIFE
- 7/2 is not pegged at the proper price for any horse in a sprint of 6 furlongs that hasn't hit the board in a sprint clash recently. Tough to go with this vulnerable equine at 6 furlongs after displaying no speed at 1 mile. Disappointing speed figure in the last race at Santa Anita at 1 mile. Don't think this mount will improve too much in today's event.
- Couldn't close any ground at any point on Jul 19th. Hard to play this time out at the expected odds. When checking today's Equibase class figure, she will have to notch a better speed figure than last time out to vie in this dirt sprint.
GUEST COMMENTARY: Winston - WHEN I'M CALLING U
- Taking a very big class figure tumble today. Let's make some money on the significant descent.
Put your money on #1 WHEN I'M CALLING U on the nose if you can get odds of 1/1 or more
1 with 5