Equibase Free Daily Expert Selections | Free Picks | Free Daily Thoroughbred Racing Selections
Meadowlands Race 6 for Friday, September 30, 2016
Meadowlands - Race #6 - Post: 9:30pm - Claiming -
5.0 furlongs on the Turf. Purse: $20,000 Class Rating: 90
#1 PACIFIC IMAGE (ML=8/1)
#6 SUPERSECRET (ML=5/1)
#5 CHASING BUBBLES (ML=20/1)
#11 HANNIBAL LECTER (ML=15/1)
- I'm optimistic this gelding will run well today. Last workout was 2nd fastest of the day, which tells me he's sharp right now. The thoroughbred with the top average class figure in turf events is usually a solid play. This pony fits the bill. While the finish was disappointing, this horse made a good stretch move last time out at Monmouth Park. I'd expect a better race in this race.
- Castrenze comes to ride after getting to know the gelding in the last event. Although it's been awhile, this gelding won at a higher class level and at today's distance. I think he could run back to that old form today. Dropping 5 pounds from last race. Could be a deciding factor today.
- Based on this colt's recent efforts, he should profit from this contest's shorter trip. I think that a sprinter coming off a layoff will usually run his best in the 3rd or 4th start back. Based on works, I look for this colt to run a big race. This horse is tops in (EPS) earnings per start. He looks nice in today's affair.
- The June 26th event at Belmont Park was at a class level of (98). Dropping to a lower class rank considerably, so he should be in a good spot to take this race. This gelding runs very well off of a vacation. In my opinion, you need 'class' to be successful on the grass. This one has the highest average class figure in the field. Vulnerable Contenders:
#2 SKY COMMANDER (ML=3/1),
#3 ALL ABOUT DIVA (ML=9/2),
#9 RED ROCKET EXPRESS (ML=6/1),
- The finish of fourth in the last race shows me that this horse may be getting out of condition. Hasn't been on the Meadowlands oval in the last 3 weeks. Cause for some concern.
ALL ABOUT DIVA
- Hasn't finished in the money in any short distance races lately. Not likely to see him doing it this time around either.
RED ROCKET EXPRESS
- This less than sharp equine ran a common speed fig last time around the track. He shouldn't run much better and will probably suffer defeat in today's race running that fig.
GUEST COMMENTARY: Winston - PACIFIC IMAGE
- Better than looked last out. Expect a nice effort this time out.
Put your money on #1 PACIFIC IMAGE on the nose if you can get odds of 7/2 or more