Equibase Free Daily Expert Selections | Free Picks | Free Daily Thoroughbred Racing Selections
Churchill Downs Race 3 for Saturday, May 23, 2015
Churchill Downs - Race #3 - Post: 1:43pm - Claiming -
8.0 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $17,000 Class Rating: 89
#3 WILD BY NATURE (ML=8/1)
#7 BOLD ICE (ML=3/1)
#2 PROUD IMAGE (ML=5/2)
#4 BANK THE EIGHT (ML=6/1)
WILD BY NATURE
- Turning for home is when this one will make a strong kick. A wonderful chance to be victorious.
- Was in a $10,000 Claiming race at Churchill Downs last out. That affair had a class rating of 96 and he is moving down in today's race. A certain contender. Sanner is giving this one Lasix for the first time. A solid move, in my opinion.
- This front-runner should benefit from this shorter distance. I like the hard fact that this gelding's last fig, 76, is tops in this field.
BANK THE EIGHT
- Gelding has shown some speed. This shorter trip should be better for him. This horse brings in a lot of dough per race. Tops in this clash. The addition of blinks should keep his mind on business today. Getting a weight break of 10 pounds from last race at Churchill Downs on May 7th. Should be helpful in this race. Vulnerable Contenders:
#1 CALBO (ML=4/1),
#6 EIGHT RIDERS (ML=6/1),
#5 ELLIO (ML=8/1),
- Hard to play a steed that cannot even win one time in his last ten races. 4/1 is just too low of a value to take on most any racer that has run poorly in back to back outings.
- Awfully tough to invest in this entrant when he hasn't been showing any indications of eagerness recently. Improbable that the speed rating he earned on April 26th will hold up in this event.
- Awfully hard to wager on this mount when he hasn't been showing any fighting spirit recently.
Go with #3 WILD BY NATURE on top if we're getting at least 7/2 odds
3 with [2,4,7]
3 with [2,4,7] with [2,4,7] Total Cost: $6
3 with [2,4,7] with [2,4,7] with [2,4,7] Total Cost: $6