Equibase Free Daily Expert Selections | Free Picks | Free Daily Thoroughbred Racing Selections
Gulfstream Park Race 10 for Sunday, December 11, 2016
Gulfstream Park - Race #10 - Post: 5:02pm - Maiden Claiming -
5.0 furlongs on the Turf. Purse: $23,000 Class Rating: 77
#15 SIR RAY (ML=6/1)
#8 LIL'S FAST BOY (ML=8/1)
- Was in a Maiden Special race at Gulfstream Park West in the last race. That affair had a class number of 88 and he is moving down in this field. A certain solid contender. Speed figs on the grass point to this horse as a legit contender. Has the best in the field for this distance-surface. Have to watch for this animal on the grass. Last race at Gulfstream Park West, scored a big turf figure. Have to think he can do it again in today's race. You have to really like that last race speed figure, 65, which is the top last race speed fig of this field.
LIL'S FAST BOY
- The November 25th event at Gulfstream Park West was at a class level of (84). Dropping down the ladder based on class rating points significantly, so he should be in a good spot. Have to like the way Dwoskin has raced this colt back into shape off the layoff. Animal is well spotted in this sprint and I think he'll run well today. Vulnerable Contenders:
#1 SLOT PLAYER (ML=3/1),
#6 SHOO FLY (ML=4/1),
#7 BLUE XANADU (ML=5/1),
- Would have to move up off that seventh place finish last time to make an impact here.
- This gelding hasn't been showing me anything positive in the last couple of races. No success for this questionable contender in a sprint race over the last two months tells me that this gelding is in a tough circumstance When looking at today's Equibase class figure, he will have to garner a better speed rating than last time around the track to compete in this turf sprint.
- Can't wager on this questionable contender in today's sprint of 5 furlongs. Hasn't even hit the board in a sprint affair recently. I'd like to see more hospitable recent efforts with morning line odds of 5/1. The pace situation just isn't too promising for this speed merchant. Many other thoroughbreds would have to scratch to help his hopes.
#15 SIR RAY to win at post-time odds of 2/1 or better
SUPER HI 5 WAGERS: