Equibase Free Daily Expert Selections | Free Picks | Free Daily Thoroughbred Racing Selections
Churchill Downs Race 5 for Tuesday, May 03, 2016
Churchill Downs - Race #5 - Post: 2:45pm - Claiming -
6.0 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $25,000 Class Rating: 86
#7 PAPA'S FOREST (ML=3/1)
#2 RHODIUM (ML=12/1)
#6 LITTLE NORWEGIAN (ML=4/1)
- It looks like Hernandez had to 'know' this mare on Mar 13th when riding her for the initial time. Back aloft again today. A little change in scenery has got to do this one well. Reading the PPs, it seems like she likes to visit the winner's circle at multiple race tracks.
- In her last race, this mare showed good early speed then fell back before finishing nicely.
- I like this animal. Should be familiar with this class since she ran against the same type last time around the track at Fair Grounds. A repeat of that recent performance on March 14th where she registered a figure of 82 looks lofty enough to score in this clash. Vulnerable Contenders:
#3 CLASSY CORINTHIAN (ML=5/2),
#8 REDLACE AND PEARLS (ML=4/1),
#1 JURY WISE (ML=6/1),
- I don't normally play a morning-line favorite that hasn't been to the track in the last three weeks.
REDLACE AND PEARLS
- The pace situation just isn't too promising for this early speedball. Many other thoroughbreds would have to scratch to improve her chances. Unlikely that the speed rating she earned on April 15th will be good enough in this event.
- Don't believe this less than sharp equine will do much running today. That last speed rating was disappointing when compared with today's Equibase class figure.
Have to go with #7 PAPA'S FOREST on the win end if we get at least 3/1 odds
Box [2,6,7] Total Cost: $6