Equibase Free Daily Expert Selections | Free Picks | Free Daily Thoroughbred Racing Selections
Saratoga Race 3 for Thursday, September 03, 2015
Saratoga - Race #3 - Post: 2:06pm - Claiming -
6.5 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $28,000 Class Rating: 84
#7 EVANGELINE'S HOPE (ML=8/1)
#1 SHE'S MARVY (ML=5/1)
#2 CRYPTIC COMET (ML=12/1)
- I like that recent contest on August 18th at Finger Lakes where she finished third. Just look at her last figure, 77. That one fits in this field.
- May have to play this race horse in this event. She has been claimed in each of her last two starts. Lower weight assigned of -5. In my opinion, a movement of five is important, so this filly falls into this category.
- This filly is in good physical condition, having run a strong race on August 3rd, finishing first. Filly shipped to this track and won; now goes for two in a row. Trainer, Terranova, has been deliberate with this filly off the layoff. Look for a solid effort today. Ranked number 1 in earnings per start (EPS). Another notice that this animal has the class to take this race. Vulnerable Contenders:
#6 ANNIE WALKER (ML=2/1),
#5 STOLEN VICTORY (ML=5/2),
#4 SALUDA (ML=4/1),
- This horse hasn't shown very much in the last couple of affairs. 2/1 is not pegged at the proper price for any horse in a sprint of 6 1/2 furlongs that hasn't finished in the money in a short distance clash of late.
- I find it hard to bet on any horse in a sprint affair at 5/2 when she hasn't shown any successful efforts in sprints in the last couple of months.
- If you keep playing these kind of 'bridesmaid' types, you're going to be let down often.
Putting our cash on #7 EVANGELINE'S HOPE to win. Have to have odds of at least 3/1 or better though
Box [1,2,7] Total Cost: $6